Thierry Henry to rejoin Belgium coaching staff for Euro 2020
Thierry Henry is rejoining Belgium’s coaching staff for the European Championship where he will serve again as one of coach Roberto Martinez’s assistants.
Thierry Henry is rejoining Belgium’s coaching staff for the European Championship where he will serve again as one of coach Roberto Martinez’s assistants, the Belgian football association said on Sunday.
Henry, 43, worked on Martinez’s staff from mid-2016 until just after the World Cup in Russia, where Belgium finished third.
Thierry Henry is back. Discover our full #EURO2020 staff list in our RBFA APP. 📱— Belgian Red Devils (@BelRedDevils) May 30, 2021
The former World cup winner then went to Monaco as coach and later to Montreal Impact in Major League Soccer before returning to working as a television pundit in Britain.
“We are delighted that Thierry can join us for the Euros,” a statement quoted Martinez as saying.
“His tournament experience and international football know-how is great added value to our staff. Thierry knows almost every player and staff member and it feels only natural that we can carry on the story started in the qualifying campaign for the 2018 World Cup and its bronze-medal conclusion.”
“It’s an honour and privilege to be called to help Roberto and the rest of the staff for the upcoming European Championship," former France international Henry said. "It’s a continuation of an unfinished story and we will give everything for a successful outcome.”
The Belgian national team are drawn in Group B with Denmark, Finland and Russia
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher