Christian Pulisic joins the USMNT squad ahead of Honduras game
The United States Men’s national team will play against Honduras in the semi-final of the CONCACAF Nations League.
The boss of the United States Men’s national team Gregg Berhalter said it is time for the ‘golden generation’ to start winning championships and step it up this year. The USMNT will have their first test on 3 June against Honduras in the semi-final of the CONCACAF Nations League.
The squad arrived in Denver, Colorado this week and on Tuesday, Christian Pulisic joining them after winning the UEFA Champions League with Chelsea last weekend (29 May). ‘Captain America’ brings new hope to the national team who aspires to win their first title since the 2017 Gold Cup.
Pulisic believes in the ‘golden generation’
“We have an amazing group right now. They make me proud personally because a lot of them are playing in the best clubs in Europe. So this improves the quality of the national team and everyone can continue their development,” said Pulisic during an interview with NBC.
“What this generation is doing is making young American kids believe that they can play at the highest level and dream big. I really hope we leave a legacy for the future generations and make them believe anything is possible,” he added.
Pulisic and goalkeeper Zach Steffen joined the USMNT training camp this Tuesday and it is expected that they start against Honduras on Thursday. The winner of that game will play the final against the winner between Mexico and Costa Rica on 6 June.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?