Kroos refuses to confirm Germany continuity after Euro 2020
Real Madrid midfielder Toni Kroos refused to confirm his continuity with Germany beyond Euro 2020 when quizzed about his international future.
Euro 2020 could be Toni Kroos's last tournament as a German international. The 31-year-old Real Madrid star, who made his debut with the Mannschaft on 3 March, 2010, refused to confirm his continuity with the four-time World Cup winners beyond this summer’s tournament, which gets underway next Friday, 12 June.
"I will decide after the tournament,” Kroos told reporters when asked about his international future at Germany’s training camp in Austria.
Kroos, who missed the end of the season with Real Madrid after testing positive for covid-19, aims to return to the pitch on Monday in Germany’s warm-up friendly against Latvia.
For the Germans it will be their last warm-up match before their Euro campaign kicks off on June 15 against France in Munich in Group F. The pair have been drawn in the tournament’s ‘Group of Death’ along with Portugal and Hungary.
Kroos plays down Germany’s chances at Euro 2020
"I have no after effects and I'm ready to play," explained Kroos, who will form part of Germany's midfield engine room for the tournament alongside Joshua Kimmich.
“It is not that I have been out for six weeks due to an injury. I was unable to do anything for just one week,” added the Real Madrid star, who also appeared to lack confidence in Germany’s ability to win the tournament.
Euro 2020 news:
“The basic requirements are right when I see the momentum and intensity in training. But that does not guarantee success in the tournament,” he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher