Clippers confirm Ibaka's season over after surgery
Serge Ibaka will not be returning to help the Los Angeles Clippers in their playoff series against the Utah Jazz after he underwent back surgery.
The Los Angeles Clippers will be unable to call on Serge Ibaka for the remainder of the NBA playoffs after he underwent surgery on a back injury.
Ibaka had missed the previous seven games, but with the Clippers already 2-0 down in their series to the Utah Jazz, his campaign is now over.
The 31-year-old's first season with the Clippers has been hampered by back problems and he missed 30 straight games during the regular season, though the team confirmed the surgery, which took place on Thursday, was a success.
Ibaka: "It's been a very tough season"
"There is nothing I would love more than being on the court helping my brothers and trying to win a championship," Ibaka posted on his official Instagram account.
"It's been a very tough season, I worked very hard to be back in time for the playoffs but sometimes injuries get in the way and health has to be a priority.
"I appreciate all the love and support from everyone and now I have my mindset on supporting my team and getting healthy and ready for next season."
Across 41 regular season games in 2020-21, Ibaka averaged 11.1 points, 1.8 assists and 6.7 rebounds.
The Clippers face the Jazz in Game 3 of the best-of-seven series on Saturday.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-of-Living Adjustment for 2022 projected at 6.0% to 6.1%?
- NFL Injury struck Baltimore Ravens face the Kansas City Chiefs
- Emmy Awards 2021 How are Emmy awards chosen?
- EMMY AWARDS 2021 2021 Emmy Awards: Times, TV, how to stream and watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Klopp gives lowdown after win over Crystal Palace
- LIGUE 1 PSG vs Lyon, how and where to watch - Messi home debut, times, TV, online