Barcelona: Junior Firpo set to sign for Leeds
The left-back's move to Elland Road will be confirmed in the next few days. He joins Bielsa's side on a four-year deal for 15 million euros.
Junior Firpo is set to become Leeds United's latest signing. He will join on a four-year deal, with the transfer to be confirmed at some point over the next few days. Barcelona have reached an agreement with the Premier League club, who will pay 15 million euros for the left-back, who brings to an end two seasons at Camp Nou where he has been very much in Jordi Alba's shadow.
Leeds established in the Premier League under Bielsa
Junior received a host of offers from clubs around Europe - especially from Italy (AC Milan and Napoli) as well as number of English clubs, including Southampton and Brighton. He turned down the opportunity to play in next season's Champions League, to accept being part of Marcelo Bielsa's project at Leeds. The 24-year-old was keen to play in the English top flight and join a club where the left-back position will be vacant from midnight tonight when Ezgjan Alioski's contract expires. Leeds Director of Football Víctor Orta has been pushing the club to sign Junior. He convinced the player to join the club for their second season back in the Premier League, following the successes of 2020/21 in which the team ended in the upper half of the table, never looked in danger of being relegated and played a very vibrant, highly-entertaining style of football from start to finish.
In England, Junior Firpo will be looking to further his career after being part of the Spanish Under-21 side that were crowned European champions and two years with Barcelona where, during the last couple of months he showed he has the versatility to play well in other positions, such as at centre-back.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds