Will banks open on July 4th and 5th 2021? Bank of America, Citi, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs
As the holiday weekend to celebrate Independence Day in the US approaches, some wonder what banks will be open. Our team took a look.
Since the Fourth of July will take place on a Sunday this year, the federal holiday will be moved to Monday 5 July. This is customary when a federal holiday where many public and private workers are offered the day off, falls on a weekend.
For those who may need to make a run to a government office or a bank, errands should be completed before Saturday, as Sunday and Monday many offices will be closed. Most major banks in the United States follow the same holiday schedule as the Federal Reserve since “electronic bank transfers are routed through” them. Since they rely on The Fed for these actions, following their holiday schedule helps ensure customers see the quickest results.
The Fed, like most other government bodies, observes the Monday following a public holiday, should it fall on a Sunday. Chase, Bank of America, and Wells Fargo will operate normally on Saturday but will be closed on Monday.
Read more about the Fourth of July
Digital banking options
There are several banking actions that can be taken remotely without needing to visit a branch. Most major banks that have developed an application or online portal for digital banking allow account holders to check their balance, pay bills, transfer money between accounts, and deposit checks.
Additionally, in most cases, ATMs remain open anytime the bank is closed.
What other holidays will banks be closed for in 2021?
The United States recently added a Juneteenth, to the list of public holidays, bringing to the total to eleven. The remaining holidays in 2021 are,
- Labor Day: Monday, Sept. 6
- Columbus Day: Monday, Oct. 11
- Veterans Day: Thursday, Nov. 11
- Thanksgiving: Thursday, Nov. 25
- Christmas: Saturday, Dec. 25.
Recommended in English
- NFL How and where to watch Broncos vs. Chiefs
- NFL Who plays Sunday night football tonight, week 13
- NFL What's the problem with Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins?
- LALIGA Barcelona: Gavi taken to hospital with concussion
- NCAA How much money do NCAA football coaches make?
- COVID-19 What is the natural rate of unemployment formula?