Messi down €100,000 a day since Barça contract expired
According to L'Équipe, the Argentine star has been losing this sum of money since his contract with Barcelona expired on 30 June.
Since 1 July, Leo Messi has been without a team for the first time in his career. The Argentine, who plays tonight in the early hours of the morning in the final of the Copa America against Brazil, has yet to clarify his future and his future at Barcelona is still not confirmed. Messi is down €100,000 euros a day since his contract expired, as reported by L'Équipe.
Down €1 million in 10 days
The French newspaper has calculated Messi's salary by referring to the famous front page of 'El Mundo' last January, which stated that the former Barcelona player was earning €138.90 million gross per season, or €74.90 million net. L'Équipe claims that, if Messi and Barcelona had reached an agreement to reduce his salary from 1 July, the Argentine would have received €100,000 net per day, which is what he is not earning for not extending his contract, for the time being, with the Blaugrana.
With just over a month to go until the start of the season, Messi's future is still up in the air. Despite the losses he is currently making, none of the player's sponsors have threatened to break his contract if he does not stay at Barcelona. In Paris, for the moment, they are keeping a close eye on Messi's situation, and PSG could still make a bid.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds