Atlanta United boss denies Carlos Tévez transfer talk
The former Boca Juniors player has decided to continue his career and several teams in Major League Soccer are keen to sign him.
Carlos Tévez is a free agent and he wants to continue his career in Major League Soccer. The former Boca Juniors player has several offers from the American league for the remainder of the 2021 MLS regular season according to various reports.
Atlanta United boss dismisses Tévez talk
The Five Stripes team has been one of the teams linked to the former Manchester United striker, but its manager, Gabriel Heinze, denied this transfer rumor. “I don’t have anything to say because I haven’t spoken to Carlos [Tévez] in a very long time,” he said after the team’s 2-2 draw against Nashville SC.
Last night in Nashville 📸— Atlanta United FC (@ATLUTD) July 10, 2021
Atlanta United has struggled in attack this year and they have barely scored 13 goals in 12 regular season games. Also their star striker, Josef Martínez, is returning from an ACL injury and international duty with Venezuela that was participating in the Copa América.
So Tévez could become an ideal partner for Josef Martínez and at 37-years-old he has proven to score goals in every team he has played throughout his career. Also Carlos Tévez has made 76 appearances for the Argentina national team and scored 13 goals.
Recommended in English
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: times, stream, how to watch it online and what to expect
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: list of nominees and the 6 GOTY contenders
- NFL LA Rams' WR Mike Williams latest to be put on covid-19 list
- EUROPA LEAGUE Have Barcelona ever played and won in the Europa League?
- GOLF When will Tiger Woods return to the PGA Tour?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Watch out for Wilson against Houston