Euro 2020 final had the largest US audience in tournament's history
Roughly 6.4 million people in the United States saw the UEFA Euro 2020 final last weekend in which Italy defeated England 3-2 on penalties.
According to ESPN, Sunday’s final between Italy and England was the most-watched Euro match ever in the United States. Audience numbers peaked with 8,199,999 viewers during the penalty kicks, up 43 percent on the Euro 2016 final.
Sunday’s game also surpassed the previous record established in the Euro 2012 final between Spain and Italy and it became the most viewed soccer game in the country since July 2019. The average audience during this year's final was 6,488,000.
There were 51 games played during Euro 2020 and the average audience was 1,363,000, a 31 percent increase over the 2016 edition. The second most-watched game during Euro 2020 was the semifinal clash between England and Denmark.
Te recomendamos en English
- US | CHILD TAX CREDIT Child Tax Credit October 2021 payment: what to do if I haven't received it?
- US NEWS | STIMULUS What is Fed tapering and how could it affect new stimulus check?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- LIGUE 1 Mbappé nets controversial late PSG winner against Angers
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Madrid target Lewandowski and Pogba as Barcelona eye Sterling
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Salah on verge of more Premier League history