Rogelio Funes Mori sparked Mexico's 3-0 victory against Guatemala
The Mexico national team urgently needed the points in the second game of Group A and Rogelio Funes Mori sparked the win against Guatemala at the Cotton Bowl stadium.
El Salvador defeated Trinidad and Tobago 2-0 to secure their ticket to the quarter-final of the 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup tournament. With this victory La Selecta had secured a top two finish in Group A with six points, so Mexico needed the victory and the three points against Guatemala to keep their hopes alive to advance to the next round.
Rogelio Funes Mori the MVP
El Tri faced Los Chapines at the Cotton Bowl stadium in Dallas, Texas and they went full offense from the beginning of the game. The Mexican national team had a few occasions on goal in the opening minutes, but they failed to find the back of the net.
It was not until the 29th minute that Rogelio Funes Mori cut to his right foot and found the far post to open the score. The striker from Monterrey would find the back of the net in the second half of the game.
In the 54th minute, Rogelio Funes Mori scored his brace after a great team play to give Mexico the 2-0 lead. Guatemala was not a match for El Tri and failed to create clear chances to equalize the game.
It was not until the 79th minute that Luis Rodríguez crossed the ball from the right wing and Orbelín Pineda headed the ball to make it 3-0. With this result, Mexico climbs up to the second place in Group A with four points and they will face El Salvador on 18 July for the last game of the group stage.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 6
- NFL Ravens' John Harbaugh thinks Jackson critique misses point
- NFL Which NFL players have 'gone broke' after their career?
- SOCCER Real Madrid team news, possible starting XI against Shakhtar
- NBA NBA 21/22 season: How much does a cheerleader earn?
- MLB Astros vs. Red Sox live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series