Italy's Bonucci bites back at England fans for Euro final pasta chants
The Italian centre-back posted a photo of himself and Chiellini with a barbed comment that may have a bitter taste in response to the chants of some English fans.
The 2021 European Championship final, which saw Italy deservedly overcome England on penalties to lift the trophy, continues to have people talking.
Euro 2021 news:
Bonucci hints at England fans' pasta chants
The latest angle is from a seemingly innocent photo posted by Italy’s Leonardo Bonucci on Instagram, in which he is seen eating a plate of pasta with defensive partner Giorgio Chiellini. Nothing apparently eye-catching, but there is a story behind it, made even clearer thanks to the accompanying comment: "We're still eating pasta? And you?”
The Juventus centre-back's words refer to the chants the Italy players heard during the warm-up before the England game at Wembley, when a large section of the home fans sang: ‘You can shove your f’ing pasta up your arse’.
Bonucci had already provoked the ire of England fans when he appropriated one of their best-known songs, ‘Three Lions’, turning the famous chorus ‘It's coming home’ into ‘It's coming to Rome’.
This latest round of ‘banter’ will surely go down well with the England fans who have a reputation for good behaviour when it comes to sporting losses. What?!
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates