OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL
Zach LaVine doesn't travel with US Olympic team, covid protocols
USA Basketball announced that the player will not travel with his teammates to Tokyo on Monday, although they hope that he can join them later in the week.
Chicago Bulls guard Zach LaVine is in health and safety protocols and will not travel with Team USA on Monday to the Tokyo Olympics.
LaVine under covid protocols
'We hope that Zach will be able to join the team in Tokyo later this week,' USA Basketball posted on Twitter.
Zach LaVine has been placed under USA Basketball’s health & safety protocols & will not travel with the team to Tokyo today.— USA Basketball (@usabasketball) July 19, 2021
We hope that Zach will be able to join the team in Tokyo later this week.
The US squad's opening game in Japan is on Sunday against France. They are joined in Group A by Iran and the Czech Republic. LaVine finished third on the team with 43 total points over four exhibition games.
LaVine, 26, made his first All-Star team in 2021 and averaged career highs in points (27.4), rebounds (5.0) and assists (4.9) in 58 starts for the Bulls. He shot a career-high 41.9 percent from 3-point range and finished ninth in the NBA with 200 made 3-pointers.
Alarm bells have also been ringing in the Spanish camp, with Spain having been the last team to face the US side in the final Olympics warm up.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 5 August
- UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION $100 Mixed Earner Unemployment Compensation in California: what's the deadline to claim it?
- CORONAVIRUS Do all states have to follow the mask mandate?
- Coronavirus How effective are masks against the Delta variant?
- MLS “We urgently need to start winning trophies” - Carlos Vela on LAFC goals
- SERIE A Eriksen returns to Inter for first time since cardiac arrest