Real Madrid held by Rayo in their second friendly of the summer
The two capital clubs played out a 1-1 draw in Valdebebas. Ancelotti fielded seven first team players: Lunin, Nacho, Odriozola, Marcelo, Odegaard, Isco and Lucas.
Real Madrid had to settle for a draw in their second outing of the pre-season. After losing 3-1 to Fuenlabrada last weekend, this time out, Ancelotti had to rasie the team's game for Sunday's friendly against Rayo Vallecano - recently promoted back to the top flight. His side were held to a 1-1 draw in Valdebebas, the goals coming from an Isco penalty and an own-goal by Víctor Chust.
Once again Madrid were without many first team stars. Ancelotti fielded just a handful of players from the senior squad - Lunin, Nacho, Odriozola, Marcelo, Ødegaard, Isco and Lucas Vázquez. With Jovic, Mariano and Rodrygo deemed not quite fit to play, the Italian had to keep Castilla's Juanmi Latasa on the pitch for the full 90 minutes. Dani Carvajal, who had been granted a day to rest, also missed out.
Rangers next, in Glasgow
It was Latasa who was involved in Madrid's only goal of the game, provoking the penalty which Isco converted. Ancelotti will get another chance to study his players in the team's next friendly, against Steven Gerrard's Rangers at Ibrox next Sunday.
The Real Madrid squad have been given Monday off to rest. The players will be back at the training ground on Tuesday with several international players returning to rejoin the group later in the week after completing their holidays following Euro 2020.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- CORONAVIRUS What are the new CDC mask guidelines for schools?
- OLYMPICS USA played with freedom in bounce-back Iran victory – Kevin Durant