OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER
Mexico vs France: “The best goal I’ve scored was against Guillermo Ochoa” - André-Pierre Gignac
The Tigres UANL striker spoke about Guillermo Ochoa prior to the game between Mexico and France in the Olympic campaign in Tokyo.
The coach of the French Olympic team Sylvain Ripoll decided to include André-Pierre Gignac in the 19-player roster that traveled to Tokyo for the campaign that starts this week. The Tigres UANL striker is one of the three players above the age of 23 that are allowed to play in the Olympic tournament and he's desperate to win a trophy with the national team after failing to win UEFA Euro 2016.
Gignac's high praise for Guillermo Ochoa
The France national team is going to debut in the Olympic tournament against Mexico on 22 July for matchday 1 of Group A. Gignac will play against Guillermo Ochoa, a player he has faced in Ligue 1 and Liga MX.
“The first time I played against Ochoa was when I was in Marseilles and he played for Ajaccio. In that game I scored one of the best goals of my career and I will never forget that. I have played against him in the Mexican league and now in the Olympics,” said Gignac during the press conference in the Olympic Village.
Gignac on playing the Mexico national team
“This will be a special game for me because my sons are Mexican so I’m excited about it. I play against many of these players each weekend and the coaching staff has done their research ahead of our game against Mexico. It is not only Diego Lainez we should worry about, but the entire team because they are all good players,” he added.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- CORONAVIRUS What are the new CDC mask guidelines for schools?
- OLYMPICS USA played with freedom in bounce-back Iran victory – Kevin Durant