LaLiga: Orbelín Pineda to join Celta Vigo in December
The Mexican international has reached an agreement to join the LaLiga side in December, when his contract with Cruz Azul expires.
It is official! Orbelín Pineda will arrive as a free agent at Celta Vigo in December. The Mexican international arrived at Cruz Azul in January 2019, but his contract expires at the end of the 2021 Apertura tournament and he decided not to renew.
First opportunity to play in Europe
Pineda was a regular starter for the Mexico national team during the 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup campaign, making six appearances. He scored three goals and gave one assist, but failed to find the back of the net in the final against the United States that Mexico lost in extra time.
Pineda will play alongside his compatriot Néstor Araujo at Celta Vigo, who joined in the summer of 2018. The good news is that Araujo will free up the international slot in the roster with the LaLiga side because he has obtained Spanish nationality.
Pineda has been an important player in all the teams he has joined. He won the 2017 league trophy with Chivas and one year later the CONCACAF Champions League. The midfielder also helped Cruz Azul end their almost 24-year title drought when they defeated Santos Laguna earlier this year.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Gonzalo Higuaín returned to the MLS Team of the Week
- LALIGA SANTANDER Coutinho reaches 100, but Barcelona won't pay Liverpool variable
- SOCCER | BARCELONA Koeman: Clasico Barcelona fans incident reflects "social issues"
- NBA | BULLS Bulls 'want to win now' after following in Michael Jordan's footsteps with 4-0 start
- MLB When was the last time the Astros and Braves won the World Series?
- WORLD SERIES Who are the MLB World Series winners by year?