The United States athletes that earned the most at Tokyo 2020
After the conclusion of the Tokyo Olympic Games, the United States Olympic Federation and the athletes who won medals received the most money in prizes.
The Tokyo Olympic Games have come to an end and the United States dominated the campaign with the most medals (113) with more than 600 athletes competing. The hours, days, months and years they spend training for the summer event is well compensated by the US Olympic Federation.
Prizes for each American athlete
According to a covid-19 impact survey taken prior to the Olympic Games, 59 percent of the American athletes were making less than $25,000 during the year of the campaign. For this year, the US Olympic Federation gave a bonus prize of $37,000 for winning one gold medal, meaning that those who win more than one earn more money.
The Federation gave a bonus prize of $22,000 for those who won silver and $15,000 for bronze. The swimmers at the Tokyo Olympics were the American athletes that won the most medals and therefore they earned the most money.
Dressel wins five gold medals
The United States swimmer Caeleb Dressel earned a total of $187,500 in prizes for the five gold medals he won during the event, while the American swimmer Katie Ledecky earned a total of $120,000 in prizes.Here is the list of the athletes from Team USA who earned the most during the Tokyo Olympics.
Caeleb Dressel- $187,500
Katie Ledecky- $120,000
Sidney McLaughlin- $75,000
Zachary Apple- $75,000
Sunisa Lee- $75,000
Robert Finke- $75,000
Rai Benjamin- $60,000
Dalilah Muhammad- $60,000
Regan Smith- $60,000
Lilly King- $60,000
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?