Las Vegas Villains could become a new franchise in Major League Soccer
Now that Sacramento is no longer an option to enter the MLS, the ‘Las Vegas Villains’ have raised their hand to enter the league next year.
Major League Soccer has yet to confirm the last franchise to enter the league because Sacramento lost their bid earlier this year. Now that there is a spot open it seems that Las Vegas is raising their hand to become the last franchise to enter MLS in 2023.
The ‘Sin City’ a good sports destination
The Allegiant Stadium has been a success since it opened on 31 July 2020 and Las Vegas has become a lucrative city for sports franchises in the United States. Wes Edens and Nassef Sawiris are the owners of the NBA team the Milwaukee Bucks and of Aston Villa in the Premier League and they are interested in having a team in Major League Soccer.
Wes Eden group files to trademark ‘Las Vegas Villains’ for MLS team | Las Vegas Review-Journal https://t.co/OBJe7STVfp— Alexi Lalas (@AlexiLalas) August 21, 2021
According to multiple reports, Edens and Sawiris went to the United States Patent and Trademark Office to register the name ‘Las Vegas Villains’ in case they win the bid to be the next city to have an MLS franchise. This happened on 4 June, but other cities like San Diego and Phoenix are also making a strong bid to the league.
There is still time for Major League Soccer to study and analyze the bids from each city because this franchise won't make their debut until the 2023 season. It was a shock to many that Sacramento Republic fell through since the name was ready and even commissioner Don Garber had approved it. The reason was that one of the major investors decided to withdraw due to the coronavirus pandemic and the city decided to drop the project.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?