The Liga MX players ruled out of the MLS All-Star game
Seven players from different clubs in Liga MX will miss the Major League Soccer All-Star week due to injuries suffered last week.
André-Pierre Gignac was the big name of the Liga MX All-Star roster that was going to face the best players of Major League Soccer when the event was announced earlier this year. Unfortunately, the Tigres UANL striker suffered an ankle injury and was officially ruled out.
Six more MLS All-Stars missing
Injuries have forced the managers of the two teams to adjust their roster for the game scheduled on 25 August at the Banc of California stadium. Last weekend it was confirmed that besides Gignac, Jesús Gallardo, Santiago Muñoz, Jesús Corona, Luis Montes, Jonathan Rodríguez and Guido Pizarro suffered injuries and will not travel to Los Angeles, California.
At the same time they announced that Nahuel Guzmán (Tigres), Kevin Álvarez (Pachuca), Orbelín Pineda (Cruz Azul), Javier Salas (Puebla), Santiago Giménez (Cruz Azul) and Nicolás Ibáñez (Pachuca) will replace the injured players mentioned before.
This is the first time in history that the MLS All-Star Game will be played against the Liga MX best players. This is another step forward between the positive partnership that both leagues are building to eventually join forces and unite the both leagues in the near future.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL How and where to watch Patriots vs. Jets
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester United vs Liverpool: times, TV and how to watch online
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: why is this game called El Clásico?
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series