Rashford returns to training with Manchester United after shoulder surgery
Manchester United forward Marcus Rashford was back on the training pitch on Wednesday following his recent shoulder operation.
Marcus Rashford returned to training with Manchester United on Wednesday. The England international missed the start of this season after recently undergoing an operation to sort out a long-standing issue with his shoulder.
Familiar face at Carrington
In spite of his fitness problems, Rashford was part of the England side that reached the Euro 2020 final, although he was one of the players who missed in the shootout in the defeat to Italy at Wembley. Just over six weeks later, the 22-year-old was back on the pitch at Carrington as he stepped up his recovery. Although he is not expected to return to first-team action until October, Rashford took part in running exercises while also conducting ball work with the staff.
The academy graduate scored 21 goals in all competitions last season as United finished second in the Premier League and reached the Europa League final. Upon his return, he will be eager to better that tally with the Red Devils desperate to dethrone rivals Manchester City in the title race.
United began the season with a 5-1 win over Leeds United at Old Trafford before drawing 1-1 away to Southampton.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades