Carlos Vela talks about his future in MLS
The Mexican international arrived in 2018 to Los Angeles FC and his contract expires at the end of the current campaign, leaving his future up in the air.
Carlos Vela said that he wanted to win trophies and make history with Los Angeles FC since arriving in 2018 for their debut season. Well the Mexican international kept his word and one year later he helped LAFC win the Supporters Shield and won two awards: the MVP and the golden boot after scoring 34 goals in the regular campaign.
No talks about his contract extension
In December 2020 the bosses from LAFC wanted to keep Vela in Major League Soccer, so they decided to give him a one-year contract extension. He has been making $6.3 million per season plus bonuses and he seems to be happy in Los Angeles.
But his contract is up in December of this year and there has been no talks about another extension to keep the 2019 MVP. Carlos Vela has suffered a string of serious injuries since 2020 that has kept him off the field for a good chunk of the season.
This campaign he has missed three games due to a queued injury and when asked about his future the Mexican international said that he wants to return to Europe. “Obviously I miss playing in Europe. I am in my last year of contract with LAFC and we will see what happens, but anything is possible,” said Vela during an interview with TUDN.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers taunts Bears fans: "All my f****** life I own you" after Packers win
- NFL Browns QB Mayfield dislocates shoulder again but expects to play Thursday
- SERIE A Johan Vásquez scores in his Serie A debut with Genoa
- REAL MADRID Benzema has his eyes set on this year's Ballon d'Or
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Mbappé looks to follow Ronaldo's path at Real Madrid
- NBA Simmons returns to 76ers practice, will play 'when he's ready'