Carlos Vela ruled out of MLS All-Star game through injury
The Los Angeles FC captain was injured in the 2-1 defeat to Vancouver Whitecaps and has been ruled out of the upcoming MLS All-Star Week.
Bad news for Major League Soccer fans who were expecting to see the 2019 league MVP face the best players from Liga MX on Wednesday at the Banc of California stadium: Carlos Vela was injured last Saturday in LAFC’s 2-1 loss to Vancouver Whitecaps and has been ruled out of the upcoming MLS All-Star Week.
Other players that have also been ruled out of the event due to injuries are Carles Gil and Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández. It was also announced that Tajon Buchanan is going to miss Wednesday’s game, but the reason for his absence hasn’t been confirmed.
Rodolfo Pizarro to take Vela's place
MLS Adds Rodolfo Pizarro, George Bello to Squad for 2021 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target https://t.co/vC6ljmqCTh— MLS Communications (@MLS_PR) August 23, 2021
The league has confirmed that Inter Miami's Rodolfo Pizarro will take Vela's place in the MLS All-Star team. The Mexican playmaker is in top form and he is the first player in the history of Inter Miami to play in the annual event. Pizarro has also been included in the eight player roster that will participate in the 2021 MLS All-Star Skill Challenge on Tuesday in Los Angeles, California.
Pizarro has scored three goals in Inter Miami’s last two MLS victories and helped the team to climb to 11th place in the Eastern Conference with 22 points and a record of 6W-4D-9L. The Mexican international scored the first-ever goal in Inter Miami's history last year in their debut season.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Packers and Bears clash as Cardinals aim for six wins in a row
- NFL Eagles trade veteran TE Zach Ertz to unbeaten Cardinals
- LALIGA Ambitious Pedri wants to 'win everything every year' with Barça
- SOCCER European nations set to block FIFA World Cup plans regardless of vote
- NFL Which NBA teams have the highest salary cap in the 21-22 season?
- NBA | NETS Durant on Kyrie Irving situation: "What is being mad going to do?"