Dejan Joveljic threatens Chicharito's place at LA Galaxy
Javier Hernández has missed 12 consecutive games during the 2021 MLS regular season and the Serbian striker has become the new starting striker during his absence.
Dejan Joveljic scored a brace in the LA Galaxy’s 3-3 draw against Los Angeles FC in the first ‘El Tráfico’ of the 2021 Major League Soccer season - his first two goals of the season since arriving in early August from Bundesliga side Eintracht Frankfurt.
A threat to Chicharito
In four games, the Serbian striker has scored two goals and given one assist. He has made an immediate impact in the team, especially with Javier Hernández still recovering from a calf injury. The Mexican international has missed 12 consecutive games this season and there is no due date for his return.
So the Galaxy’s manager, Greg Vanney, decided to sign Joveljic before the transfer window closed in Major League Soccer and he has adapted very well to the league. The Serbian striker will fight with Chicharito for the starting role when he reaches full-fitness.
“It was a very important day for Dejan, that's his thing, he is a goal scorer and he has a career because he puts the ball behind the net. He needs a little time to adapt to his teammates and the league to reach his full potential and continue to grow as a player,” said Vanney.
Recommended in English
- FORMULA 1 Lewis Hamilton wants to see change in Saudi Arabia
- SOCIAL SECURITY What is an unrestricted Social Security card? How can I apply for it?
- NFL Bucs' Bruce Arians wants the NFL to look at other teams.
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Betis: times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What is the difference between an abortion pill and Plan B?
- SOCCER AC Milan defender Simon Kjaer out for the rest of the season after undergoing knee surgery