Tim Weah to miss the first round of USMNT World Cup qualifiers
The United States men’s international team striker suffered an injury while training with his club Lille on Saturday and will not join the national team in Nashville.
The United States men’s national team suffered their first setback ahead of the first round of the CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers. It was reported that striker Tim Weah suffered an injury during the weekend while training with Lille OSC and he will miss the three opening games of the USMNT’s 2022 World Cup qualifiers.
Weah will not join the national team in Nashville, Tennessee ahead of their first game of the round-robin tournament on Thursday against El Salvador at the Estadio Cuscatlán. After that the USMNT will return home to host Canada (5 September) and then go on the road to face Honduras on 8 September.
Pulisic arrives to Nashville
The good news is that Christian Pulisic has recovered from covid-19 and will be available for the United States’ opening three World Cup qualifiers. The Chelsea playmaker arrived last night to Nashville, Tennessee and practiced with the rest of his teammates on Monday morning.
This will be the second time that Pulisic plays in the final round of the CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers and they want to start strong this time around. Four years ago, Christian Pulisic failed to help the USMNT book their ticket to the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 6
- NFL Ravens' John Harbaugh thinks Jackson critique misses point
- NFL Which NFL players have 'gone broke' after their career?
- SOCCER Real Madrid team news, possible starting XI against Shakhtar
- NBA NBA 21/22 season: How much does a cheerleader earn?
- MLB Astros vs. Red Sox live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series