Mexican striker Santiago Muñoz joins Newcastle United
The teenager leaves Liga MX side Santos Laguna to sign an 18-month loan deal with Newcastle with the option to buy.
Santiago Muñoz may have been born in the United States, but he decided to play for the Mexico youth national teams. The 19-year-old made his professional debut in the Liga MX with Santos Laguna on 25 October 2020 and now he is ready to take his talent to the next level.
Muñoz on his way to Newcastle
With the transfer window still open in Europe, Santos reached a deal with Newcastle United to send Santiago Muñoz to the Premier League for the 2021/22 season. The Mexican teeanger will travel to England to undergo a medical examination and sign his 18-month loan deal.
🇳🇬⚔️¡Mucho éxito en Europa, Santi! A poner el ADN Guerrero en alto y seguir luchando en #ModoGuerrero⚔️.— Club Santos (@ClubSantos) August 31, 2021
Club Santos informa la transferencia de Santiago Muñoz al Newcastle United de la Premier League.🔝🌎.
Newcastle will have the option to make the move permanent before the loan deal ends if he meets certain requirements. It is expected that the teenager starts with Newcastle's youth team to gain some experience and eventually make his debut in the Premier League.
Muñoz has made 13 appearances in the Liga MX with Santos and he has scored three goals and provided three assists. Also he was part of the roster that won the CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying tournament with the Mexico national team.
Te recomendamos en English
- HALLOWEEN 2021 How to create the perfect DIY Squid Games Halloween costumes: doll, guards, participants…
- NEW JERSEY ELECTION 2021 Who is running for governor in New Jersey?
- NFL New Orleans Saints vs Seattle Seahawks live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 7
- NFL Packers WR Davante Adams placed on covid-19 reserve list
- NFL Eagles trade veteran QB Flacco back to Jets
- NFL Bears coach Nagy tests positive for covid