WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS
Keylor Navas delayed in joining up with Costa Rica national team
The goalkeeper from Paris Saint-Germain yet to join up with Costa Rica as the team prepares to face Panama at the start of the CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers.
Keylor Navas went the full 90 minutes in Paris Saint-Germain’s 2-0 victory against Reims last Sunday and he was supposed to travel that same day to Costa Rica for the FIFA international break of September. It was expected that the veteran goalkeeper would arrive on Monday morning and join the training session with the rest of his teammates.
Costa Rica ready to travel to Panama
‘Los Ticos’ will start the final round of the CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers against Panama on Thursday and they are still waiting for their star player to join the group. It is now expected that Keylor Navas will arrive in Costa Rica on Tuesday night and can finally practice with the team before leaving for Panama on Wednesday.
“At the last minute, it was reported that goalkeeper Keylor Navas had a delay on the connecting flight on his return to Paris. For that reason he is expected to arrive in Costa Rica on Tuesday night,” confirmed the federation of football of Costa Rica.
The Costa Rica national team will go on the road to face Panama on 2 September and then host two back-to-back games. The first one will be against the Mexico national team on 5 September and three days later against Jamaica.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7