Antoine Griezmann set for Atlético Madrid debut
Antoine Griezmann could make his second Atlético Madrid debut this weekend as the LaLiga champions travel to take on Espanyol.
Atlético Madrid manager Diego Simeone will have plenty of selection headaches this season as his squad depth continues to improve. The Argentine has a full squad to choose from this weekend as the LaLiga champions take on Espanyol.
There have been doubts over the availability of defender Stefan Savic, however he will be in the squad for the Matchday four LaLiga fixture. New signing Antoine Griezmann could also make his debut, after completing a loan move from rivals Barcelona.
Atlético have been without their South American stars thouh. The team trained this week without Ángel Correa, Rodrigo De Paul, Matheus Cunha and José María Giménez, who have all been away on international duty with their respective national teams. None of them are expected to be in the starting eleven, having played for their countries on Thursday night.
It won't be a surprise to see Antoine Griezmann in the starting eleven. The Frenchman could partner Luis Suárez in attack. Atlético have a busy week coming up, with the trip to Cornellà, before Wednesday's Champions League match against Porto.
Simeone's possible starting eleven against Espanyol could be Oblak - Trippier, Savic, Felipe, Hermoso, Carrasco - Llorente, Koke, Lemar - Griezmann and Suárez.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game
- MEDICARE Does Medicare cover hearing aids or eye exams?
- US LOTTERY How is Powerball paid out?
- NFL Ravens' QB Lamar Jackson passes Dan Marino to set new record
- NFL Player ratings for the Cardinals vs Browns game | NFL Week 6
- MLB Dodgers vs Braves: times, TV channel, radio and how to watch Game 2 online tonight