New York Jets WR Jamison Crowder set to miss season opener
Though there was speculation, Crowder's absence has now been officially confirmed
New York Jets wide receiver Jamison Crowder is set to miss the season opener away to Carolina on Sunday as he recovers from covid-19.
A big loss
Crowder was placed on the COVID-19 list last Friday after testing positive for the coronavirus. The leader in receptions for the Jets over the last seasons, his absence will be a blow. Though there the Jet's player was vaccinated he is said to be working through symptoms. According to NFL protocols, vaccinated players are allowed to return to the team if they have two negative tests 24 hours apart.
A headache for Saleh
Head coach Robert Saleh, who officially ruled Crowder out on Friday for the game against the Carolina Panthers, finds himself in a difficult position. Fellow wide receiver Keelan Cole is alsoa doubt having picked up a knee injury in training on Thursday which subsequently forced him to miss training on Friday.“It's going to go down to the wire,” Saleh said of his hope for Cole's availability.
For more from around the NFL
Saleh's wowrries don't end there as Safety Sharrod Neasman was also sidelined after failing to recover from a hamstring injury. There are also questions surrounding Running back La'Mical Perineafter he injured his foot.
Te recomendamos en Nfl
- MLS LAFC back-to-back road victories after win over Austin FC
- GOLD CUP Will there be fans at the Gold Cup? What are the Covid-19 restrictions?
- Euro 2020 Golden Boot standings: who are the top scorers?
- PSG Ramos speaks after PSG make signing official
- UFC When was Conor McGregor's last UFC fight, and what was the result?
- UFC What were the results of McGregor vs Poirier 1 and 2?