Gianluigi Donnarumma makes his debut with Paris Saint-Germain
As Keylor Navas had just returned from international duty with Costa Rica on Friday, PSG coach Mauricio Pochettino decided to start the Italian goalkeeper against Clermont Foot.
No Lionel Messi or Neymar, no problem for Paris Saint-Germain who defeated Clermont Foot 4-0 on Saturday at the Parc des Princes stadium. Midfielder Ander Herrera scored a brace in the first half and Kylian Mbappe (55’) and Idrissa Gueye (65’) extended the lead to make it 4-0 as the Paris club obtained their fifth straight win in Ligue 1.
Donnarumma debuts with a clean sheet
Gianluigi Donnarumma, Nuno Mendes and Nathan Bitumazala have made their debuts in competitive games for Paris Saint-Germain in matchday 5 of Ligue 1 in the 4-0 victory over Clermont, this Saturday 11 September at the Parc des Princes.— Paris Saint-Germain (@PSG_English) September 11, 2021
The Italian goalkeeper managed to keep a clean sheet in his debut for PSG. Coach Mauricio Pochettino decided to leave Keylor Navas on the bench, as he had just arrived on Friday from international duty with Costa Rica.
Donnarumma made his first competitive appearance since Italy defeated England in the Euro 2020 final this summer and it is not known who will start in goal in the next game. Pochettino has not decided yet who will be the starting goalkeeper ahead of the start of the UEFA Champions League campaign.
PSG will make play their Champions League opener on Wednesday against Club Brugge at the Jan Breudal Stadium. It is expected that Pochettino will make Navas the starting goalkeeper for the league games and Donnarumma will start in the Champions League.
Te recomendamos en English
- HALLOWEEN 2021 How to create the perfect DIY Squid Games Halloween costumes: doll, guards, participants…
- NEW JERSEY ELECTION 2021 Who is running for governor in New Jersey?
- NFL New Orleans Saints vs Seattle Seahawks live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 7
- NFL Packers WR Davante Adams placed on covid-19 reserve list
- NFL Eagles trade veteran QB Flacco back to Jets
- NFL Bears coach Nagy tests positive for covid