Pefok gives Young Boys the win against Manchester United in the UCL
The United States men’s national team striker scored a late goal to give BSC Young Boys a 2-1 victory against the Premier League side in the UCL opener.
Against all odds BSC Young Boys defeated Manchester United 2-1 in the first game of Group F of the UEFA Champions League on Tuesday night at the Stade de Suisse. The United States striker Jordan Pefok anticipated an awful giveaway from Jesse Lingard to beat David De Gea and give the team from Switzerland the three points.
Pefok scores a dramatic winner
Manchester United had taken an early lead when Cristiano Ronaldo scored in the 13th minute in his return to the UCL with the Premier League side. It seemed like the Red Devils were going to have an easy night until Aaron Wan-Bissaka was shown the red card in the 35th minute, just before the break.
In the second half, the home side took advantage of having one more player on the field and Moumi Ngamaleu tipped the ball inside the six-yard box to beat the United goalkeeper and level the score. Then in stoppage time (95th minute) Pefok gave Young Boys the three points with his dramatic late goal.
This is not the first time Pefok has scored a dramatic goal to help his team. This summer he scored a header in the 89th minute against Honduras to send the USMNT into the final of the CONCACAF Nations League. The American striker is an important player for Young Boys and has scored three goals in five league games so far this season.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Where was Gabby Petito's body found in Grand Teton National Park?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Vinicius and Benzema to the rescue
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- NFL Quarterback injuries overshadow Week 2 NFL action
- REAL MADRID Ancelotti: “I am living my honeymoon in Madrid"
- PREMIER LEAGUE African trio at Anfield make Premier League history for Liverpool