Josh Sweat signs Philadelphia Eagles extension for three-years
In a deal that could be worth up to $43 million, the defensive end puts pen to paper in the final year of his rookie agreement, joining Jordan Mailata.
"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat.” Those were the famous words of British Prime Minister Winston Churchill back in 1940 and I'm keen to pull them out whenever there is even the most tenuous of opportunity. Thank you, Josh!
- NFL Week 2 fantasy football: start ‘ems and sit ‘ems
- Eagles-49ers: Run defense could be decisive in intriguing match-up
- Minnesota defense with injuries and doubts ahead of Cardinals game
- Cowboys OL Ty Nsekhe is hospitalized and will miss Sunday's game
- Packers to place Za'Darius Smith on injured reserve
Josh Sweat extends with Eagles
It's an extension for $40 million with a maximum value of $42 million, so says defensive end Josh Sweat's agent, Christopher Coy of Vanguard Sports Group. And that deal includes a $10 million signing bonus and $26.92 million in guaranteed money.
The Philadelphia Eagles have signed Sweat to a three-year extension on Saturday, keeping him there through the 2024 season. Now 24, he is in the final year of his rookie deal.
"I'm excited to let y'all know I'm staying in Philly for at least, you know, a few more years," Sweat said in a video posted to Twitter.
"I'm excited for the years to come and Go Birds."
Sweat's role increased in each of his first three years with the Eagles, culminating in last season's career-best six sacks and 38 tackles in 14 games (three starts). He has 10 sacks, 23 quarterback hits and 66 tackles in 40 games, including six tackles in last Sunday's season-opening 32-6 win at Atlanta.
The Eagles selected Sweat in the fourth round of the 2018 NFL Draft out of Florida State.
Te recomendamos en Nfl
- MLS LAFC back-to-back road victories after win over Austin FC
- GOLD CUP Will there be fans at the Gold Cup? What are the Covid-19 restrictions?
- Euro 2020 Golden Boot standings: who are the top scorers?
- PSG Ramos speaks after PSG make signing official
- UFC When was Conor McGregor's last UFC fight, and what was the result?
- UFC What were the results of McGregor vs Poirier 1 and 2?