Sergiño Dest struggled in his return to Barcelona’s starting XI
The United States international went the full 90 minutes in FC Barcelona’s 1-1 draw against Granada in the 2021/22 La Liga campaign on Monday night.
FC Barcelona are having a rough start to the 2021/22 season in La Liga and the Champions League in their first year without Lionel Messi. The team from Catalunya managed to rescue a point against Granada on Monday night thanks to a late equalizer from Ronald Araujo.
Dest returned to the starting XI
The United States international returned to the starting XI for the first time since 21 August when Barcelona tied 1-1 against Athletic Bilbao for matchday 2 of the campaign. After that he came in as a substitute against Getafe, playing only 27 minutes, and Barça managed to win 2-1 at home.
He missed the next two league games and the debut of Barcelona in the UEFA Champions League due to a sprained ankle he suffered during the international break with the USMNT. He finally reached full-fitness and went the full 90 minutes for the first time this season.
Barcelona’s defense has struggled this season and they have given up at least one goal across all competitions so far. Dest has been part of the backline and he is struggling on defense as much as he is on offense, because he has not assisted or scored in any of the three games he has played.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series