Orbelín Pineda completes move to Celta Vigo
The Mexico International decided not to renew his contract with Cruz Azul that expired in December and he will arrive to the La Liga side as a free agent.
After weeks of negotiations, Orbelín Pineda and Celta Vigo reached an agreement for that see him join the La Liga side in January 2022. The Mexican international’s contract with Liga MX club Cruz Azul expired on 31 December and he will arrive at Celta Vigo as a free agent.
In December 2018 Cruz Azul paid Chivas $12 million for Pineda and one year later he would win the Supercopa MX after squashing Necaxa 4-0. Then he helped the team from the capital win the inaugural Leagues Cup tournament after defeating Tigres UANL 2-1.
The Mexican international was a key player in Cruz Azul's 2021 Guardianes tournament success earlier this year and his performance with the Mexican national team in the Gold Cup piqued the interest of Celta Vigo. This will be the first time he plays outside of Mexico and he will join compatriot Nestor Araujo.
Más que listo para brillar junto a @Miseleccionfem 😏🔥 Nos espera un partidazo lleno de brillo, calidad y pasión.— Orbelin Pineda ️ (@orbelin90) September 22, 2021
¡Vamos, chicas! A relucir ese brillo que las ha llevado tan lejos 😏
RT si también apoyas a 🇲🇽 con todo el corazón#BrillemosConEllas 🤙🏽
Luis Romo could join Pineda next season
It is not all bad news for Cruz Azul, because several teams in Europe have shown interest in signing Luis Romo, who is under contract until December 2022. According to transfermarkt, any team interested in signing the Mexican midfielder will have to pay $8.8 million.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game