Transfer news round-up: Man City hoping for Haaland boost, Juve planning Pogba return
Erling Haaland is reportedly wanted by Manchester City, who are stepping up their efforts to sign the Borussia Dortmund forward.
Erling Haaland has his pick of Europe's elite.
The Borussia Dortmund and Norway star is wanted by the likes of Manchester City and Real Madrid.
But Premier League champions City are one particular club looking to prise Haaland from Germany if the rumours are to be believed.
TOP STORY – CITY HOPING TO CAPITALISE ON PUMA PARTNERSHIP
Manchester City are hoping their Puma sponsorship and a looming boot deal can help land Borussia Dortmund star Erling Haaland, according to the Daily Star.
City's kits are manufactured by Puma, while Haaland is reportedly poised to sign a boot deal with the German giants.
Haaland has been linked with City, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Paris Saint-Germain, Liverpool, Barcelona and Juventus.
ROUND-UP: Pigba, Maguire, Dembélé
- Gazzetta dello Sport claims Juve are planning an approach to bring United midfielder Paul Pogba back to Turin. Pogba is out of contract at the end of the season and while United are keen for a renewal, the Frenchman has been linked with Madrid and PSG also.
- United captain and England defender Harry Maguire is poised for a new bumper contract at Old Trafford, reports the Mirror.
- Liverpool are considering a move for Barca's Ousmane Dembélé with Juve unwilling to part with Federico Chiesa, says Team Talk.
- According to Football Insider, Newcastle United have made star Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly a priority signing in January. It comes after Newcastle's blockbuster takeover.
- PSG are targeting Napoli's soon-to-be free agent Lorenzo Insigne, per Le10 Sport. Insigne has also been linked with Inter and Milan.
- Manchester United outcast Donny van de Beek is wanted by Serie A powerhouse Juve, claims Corriere dello Sport. Van de Beek was in talks over an Everton switch during the previous window.
- Milan star Franck Kessie is among Barca's midfielder targets for the January window, says Diario Sport. Van de Beek, Tottenham's Tanguy Ndombele and Marcelo Brozovic of Inter are also options.
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 Covid Omicron variant live updates: symptoms, vaccines, travel ban, South African cases...
- COVID-19 Where has the new covid-19 Omicron variant been detected? What are the symptoms?
- BOXING How much money are Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos making? How much does the winner get?
- Social Security When does COLA 2022 take effect in Social Security Benefits? How to calculate your amount
- NFL Buffalo Bills CB White out for rest of season with ACL tear
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What are the abortion laws in America? In what states is it illegal to have an abortion?