Fabián Coito to part ways with Honduras
The experienced manager will leave the Honduras national team after the game against Jamaica on Wednesday in the World Cup qualifiers.
Honduras are experiencing their worst start in the World Cup qualifiers in CONCACAF, with no wins in the first five games. They suffered their worst defeat over the weekend against Mexico and the Soccer Federation of Honduras has decided to part ways with manager Fabián Coito for the poor results that could leave them out of Qatar 2022.
✅ El CE y CS de @FenafuthOrg trabajan enfocados en el juego de #HND🇭🇳 🆚️ #JAM 🇯🇲.— Selección Nacional de Honduras (@FenafuthOrg) October 12, 2021
El esfuerzo es apoyar la planificación del Cuerpo Técnico de @FabianCoito, concentrados en clasificar a #Catar2022
Cualquier noticia contraria a lo planteado no procede de # #FENAFUTH
Coito will manage Honduras on Wednesday
Both parties have mutually decided to part ways, but Coito will manage Honduras on Wednesday against Jamaica at the Estadio Olímpico Metropolitano. Regardless of the result of that match, Coito will leave the job vacant the next day.
Honduras are currently in seventh place in the final round of the World Cup qualifiers, with three points. They have three draws and two losses. The veteran manager hopes he can leave with a victory against the Reggae Boyz to thank Honduras for the opportunity.
The Soccer Federation of Honduras has several names on the list to take over the managerial job before the next international window. Pedro Troglio, Diego Vázquez and Héctor Vargas top the list of candidates to manage the national team.
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?