SOCCER | BARCELONA
Aguero makes first Barcelona start after injury in training game
Sergio Aguero is yet to appear for Barcelona since his move from Manchester City, but the striker played in a training game on Wednesday.
Barcelona could soon be able to call on Sergio Agüero after the forward returned to some form of action during a training match on Wednesday.
Agüero joined Barça on a free transfer following the expiration of his Manchester City contract at the end of last season.
The 33-year-old helped Argentina win the Copa America during the close-season, yet a calf injury suffered just before the start of 2021-22 has seen him miss the opening weeks of the campaign.
Barça and under-pressure Ronald Koeman need all the help they can get. The Blaugrana sit ninth in LaLiga following a 2-0 defeat to champions Atlético Madrid last time out, while they have also lost both of their Champions League matches so far.
Kun eyeing return for Valencia, Real Madrid matches
First time in Blaugrana colors for Kun pic.twitter.com/AHQ6Le1GLn— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) October 13, 2021
In a boost, Agüero returned to training over the international break and on Wednesday he featured in a training game against UE Cornella.
It remains to be seen whether Agüero will be fit enough to play a part in Sunday's match against Valencia, as Barca look to get their season on track.
A home match against Dynamo Kiev in the Champions League is then followed by the first Clásico of the season, with Real Madrid visiting Camp Nou on October 24.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check Update: what's the situation in every state?
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- US NEWS Camera crew walk-off in the hours before Alec Baldwin fatally shot Halyna Hutchins
- US NEWS What states saw the highest number of workers quit this summer?