Vlahovic poised to leave Fiorentina to join Atlético Madrid on a free transfer
The player's agents confirmed that La Viola turned down a 60 million euro offer for the midfielder (from Atlético) who will not renew his contract.
Dusan Vlahovic won't renew with Fiorentina. He has made that quite clear to the club (including with an official statement) and today, his representatives underlined the situation in declarations to FirenzeViola.it.
"Dusan won't be signing any new contract extension," his agents declared, while also confirming rumours of a significant offer which the Italian club received for the player over the summer. "We presented Fiorentina with an offer of 60 million euros plus add-ons, and we already had an agreement in place with the buying club. Rocco Commisso didn't want to hear about it. He replied that Vlahovic is like a son for him and that he will do everything he can to renew his contract".
Atleti make a push for Vlahovic
The offer which came for Vlahovic, Diario AS understands, was from Atlético Madrid. The Rojiblancos upped their offer to 70 million euros for the 21-year-old a few months ago when there seemed no way of reconciling the rupture between the player and La Fiore: "We're not going to negotiate for a negotiation," his representatives explained, "And that why we haven't spoken to the club or the media".
Vlahovic, who has scored six goals so far this season, is on the market. There is not much that Fiorentina can do about it now. Juventus are an option, and they could continue their tradition of signing Viola talent (Baggio, Bernardeschi, Chiesa…), although the idea is that the player moves abroad to a foreign club. All will become clearer when the window opens in January...
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up