Gio Reyna could miss November international break
The Borussia Dortmund playmaker has missed five league games due to a muscle injury he suffered last month and his recovery is taking longer than expected.
Gio Reyna suffered a muscle injury when he was playing with the United States last month in the World Cup qualifiers in CONCACAF. Since then he has struggled to recover and has been sidelined for over a month now.
The 18-year-old started the 2021/22 Bundesliga season scoring two goals in three matches. He was called up for the USMNT for the international break of September and he suffered a muscle injury. Reyna had to be replaced in the scoreless draw against El Salvador during the opening match of the round-robin tournament.
He was left out of the 1-1 draw against Canada and the 4-1 victory against Honduras. He returned to Germany to continue with his recovery, but things have not progressed as expected.
Dortmund’s manager, Marco Rose, gave an update on his status. “Gio Reyna is injured and will be out for the next few games. We hope that he will be back after the next international break,” said Rose over the weekend.
Gio Reyna has missed a total of 12 games with club and country across all competitions since the injury. With the update that Rose gave, it is almost certain that the 18-year-old will also miss the international window with the United States next month.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS What will be included on President Biden's executive order on the risk of cryptocurrencies?
- Cryptocurrency How much has Bitcoin devalued since its all-time high?
- NFL Bengals vs Chiefs unveils a new historic rivalry
- NFL Bengals vs Chiefs, 49ers vs Rams: AFC, NFC Championship Game previews
- NFL NFL Power Rankings: Chiefs, Rams and Niners
- NFL Kelce key to Kansas City's playoff success