Inter Miami CF signs Jean Mota from Santos FC
The team owned by David Beckham is already planning for the 2022 Major League Soccer season and they have announced their first signing.
Brazilian side Santos FC has accepted the offer from Inter Miami CF to sign Jean Mota for the 2022 Major League Soccer season. The MLS side paid $500,000 for the 28-year-old midfielder whose contract was set to expire in June 2022. Mota will join Inter Miami CF in January when the club starts their preseason.
Second Brazilian signing in franchise history
Mota will be the second Brazilian in the history of Inter Miami CF and he is expected to take a starting role for the next campaign in midfield. The 28-year-old has played 48 games across all competitions with Santos so far and he has scored one goal and provided three assists.
The experienced midfielder joined Santos in 2016 and the bosses were not willing to extend his contract, so they accepted the offer from the MLS side to end the negotiations. This is the first signing for the upcoming season and according to multiple reports Inter Miami is also looking to sign Raphael Veiga from Palmeiras.
Inter Miami CF are currently out of the playoff picture and there are only four games left of the regular season. The team owned by David Beckham is in 11th place in the Eastern Conference with 35 points, 6 away from a playoff spot, and a record of 10W-5D-15L.
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?