Violence flares at Dutch 2nd division game after door thrown on pitch
The Dutch police were forced to intervene after trouble fared in the second tier clash between MVV Maastricht and Roda. The game was subsequently suspended.
The Stadion de Geusselt, home to MVV Mastricht was the scene of some serious trouble on Saturday after fighting between home fans and traveling Roda supporters saw the second tier Dutch game to be abandoned.
At some point a door was thrown between one group of fans aimed at the other and tensions flared as local riot police had to intervene to restore calm.
With the Eerste Divisie game tied at 0-0, the referee, after liaising with local law and order officials decided to call time on the game and abandon proceedings.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is the salary of a special teams coach in the NFL?
- NFL Tom Brady 'remains noncommittal’ about playing in 2022; Bruce Arians remains hopeful
- NFL What teams are left in the NFL playoffs?
- Real Madrid Benzema: "Madrid is everything to me, I feel at home here"
- SERIE A Vlahovic: Fiorentina say no offers for in-demand striker
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern want Lewandowski and Neuer to end careers in Munich