SOCCER | BARCELONA
Barcelona: Dembele suffers injury setback after five months out
Ousmane Dembele has picked up a hamstring injury after making his comeback to the Barcelona side for the Champions League win in Kiev.
Barcelona have announced that Ousmane Dembélé has sustained a hamstring injury, just two days after the Frenchman made his return from five months out following knee surgery.
Dembélé made his first appearance of the season when he replaced Gavi in the 65th minute of Barca's 1-0 Champions League win against Dynamo Kiev on Tuesday.
However, the club announced on Thursday that the 24-year-old "has a strain in the semimembranosus muscle of his left hamstring," adding that Dembélé "is unavailable for selection and his recovery will dictate his return."
Dest also out for Celta game
The former Borussia Dortmund forward has been plagued by injury issues since his big-money move to the Catalan giants in 2017.
The club also confirmed that Sergiño Dest will miss the weekend's trip to Celta Vigo with lower back pain. It is unclear whether he will be fit for the upcoming international break, with the United States set to take on Mexico and Jamaica in two World Cup qualifiers next week.
Barça currently sit ninth in the LaLiga table and have won just one of their past five league games, losing three.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY What should I do if I lose my Social Security card?
- UNITED STATES Martin Luther King, Jr Day: is it national holiday? Why is it celebrated today? Origin & meaning
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- NFL Buccaneers injuries: Wirfs out with sprained ankle
- NFL The Cowboys lose to the 49ers on a bizarre final play