Canelo Alvarez vs Caleb Plant: undercard, times, TV and how to stream
Canelo Alvarez will seek to become the first boxer to unify the super middleweight division titles during his Saturday night fight with Caleb Plant.
Canelo Alvarez seeks to make boxing history by becoming the first fighter to unify the super-middleweight division titles when he goes head to head with IBF champion Caleb “Sweethands” Plant this weekend.
Alvarez holds the WBA, WBO, and WBC championship belts, the most recent addition being the WBO title which he won in May against Billy Joe Saunders.
There has been bad blood between the two fighters which manifested in an exchange of blows at a press conference, resulting in a cut under the eye of Plant.
The fight for undisputed champion of the super middleweight division will take place on Saturday, November 6 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. The evening’s contests begins at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT), but Canelo and Plant are expected to make heir ring walks around midnight ET/9 p.m. PT)
Other boxing stories:
Canelo vs. Plant full fight card
The full card of the evening includes another super middleweight division bout between two-time champion Anthony “The Dog” Dirrell (33-2-2, 24 KOs) and contender “Madman” Marcos Hernandez (15-4-2, 3 KOs) as a 10-round co-main event. Dirrell won the WBC title for the first time in 2014, then again in 2019.
Former WBC super bantamweight champion and undefeated Ray Vargas makes his way back to the ring for the first time in two years to challenge Leonardo Baez. Vargas is undefeated at 34-0, while Baez has a 21-4 record. However, two years is a long time for a layoff, while Baez has kept himself busy fighting during that time.
Rising super lightweight fighter Elvis Rodriguez (11-1-1, 10 KOs) will take on former Olympian Juan Pablo Romero (14-0, 9 KOs) in a 10-round showdown.
Canelo Álvarez-Caleb Plant Full Card
- Saul “Canelo” Alvarez vs. Caleb Plant- super middleweight
- Anthony Dirrell vs. Marcos Hernandez- super middleweight
- Rey Vargas vs. Leonardo Baez- super bantamweight
- Elvis Rodriguez vs. Juan Pablo Romero- super lightweight
How to watch Canelo vs. Plant on TV and online
Viewers in the US can catch the bout on Showtime PPV for the price of $79.99.
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash