Steelers star T.J. Watt given the all-clear to face Ravens
Outside linebacker T.J. Watt was activated from the Covid-19 list on Saturday and is now available to face the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday.
Pittsburgh Steelers star T.J. Watt has been cleared to face the Baltimore Ravens at Heinz Field on Sunday night after being activated from the reserve/Covid list.
The push rusher had been placed on the list on Monday in the latest setback in Pittsburgh's season, the Steelers having previously seen Ben Roethlisberger and Minkah Fitzpatrick also miss time due to positive tests.
Watt taking notes on Ravens
Watt had only just returned after injury kept him out of the 41-10 rout at the hands of the Cincinnati Bengals, in which he recorded just two combined tackles. The Steelers are said to have been sending practice footage to Watt all week so that he is apprised of the team's plan to face the Ravens.
Despite a difficult season for the Steelers (5-5-1) on the whole, Watt is a candidate for the AP Defensive Player of the Year, with 12.5 sacks and 41 tackles in nine games. His 13 tackles for loss put him fourth in the NFL this season, behind Myles Garrett (15) and Micah Parsons and Nick Bosa (both 16)
Recommended in Nfl
- MLS LAFC back-to-back road victories after win over Austin FC
- GOLD CUP Will there be fans at the Gold Cup? What are the Covid-19 restrictions?
- Euro 2020 Golden Boot standings: who are the top scorers?
- PSG Ramos speaks after PSG make signing official
- UFC When was Conor McGregor's last UFC fight, and what was the result?
- UFC What were the results of McGregor vs Poirier 1 and 2?