Alan Pulido to miss the 2022 MLS season and the World Cup
The Mexico international will undergo surgery on his left knee on 17 January and is expected to be out for between nine to 12 months.
Alan Pulido has adapted well to Major League Soccer since arriving from Liga MX side Chivas in 2020. In his first year with Sporting Kansas City he scored eight goals and gave three assists in three appearances. Last campaign he scored six goals and gave five assists in 12 appearances.
Pulido saddened by the injury
This week Sporting KC confirmed that the Mexican international will most likely miss the 2022 Major League Soccer regular season because he will undergo surgery on his left knee later this month. Alan Pulido is expected to recover in nine to 12 months and he will be left out of the FIFA World Cup with Mexico.
“While I am devastated by the latest news, I want to thank all for your amazing support since I arrived at the club in 2020. We have already shared some great memories and you’ve stood by my side and my teammates during difficult moments as well,” Pulido said in an estatement.
“To miss the new MLS season and the 2022 World Cup is heartbreaking. I’ve had injuries before but none as serious as this, but I am determined to come back from this even stronger and fight for this crest with all of you in 2023.”
Recommended in English
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers’ net worth?
- NFL Aaron Rodgers calls out Biden's 'fake White House' after vaccine spat
- NFL How and where to watch Bills v Chiefs: Kickoff time, TV channel, live stream
- NFL 49ers 13 vs. 10 Packers summary: Gould FG seals Niners win, stats, and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Burrow sacked nine times in Bengals win over Titans
- NFL Chiefs Tyreek Hill fined $12K for pom-pom celebration vs Steelers