Could Juventus replace Dybala with United's Lingard?
Manchester United outcast Jesse Lingard is soon to become a free agent and is reportedly wanted by Serie A giants Juventus.
Jesse Lingard remained at Manchester United beyond the January transfer window, but the England international's long-term future at Old Trafford is far from certain.
After struggling for appearances this term under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and then Ralf Rangnick, Lingard's time at United may be reaching its natural conclusion. A number of teams have been tipped to move for the 29-year-old at the end of the campaign, at which point he will officially become a free agent.
Lingard a target for Juventus
Juventus have been unable to agree fresh terms with Paulo Dybala and, according to Calciomercato, plans are already in place to bring in a replacement in the next window.
The report claims that Juve are big fans of Lingard, despite his limited playing time this season, and will attempt to see off competition for his signature.
Newcastle United and West Ham, where Lingard spent a successful period on loan in 2020-21, have also been tipped to move for the United academy product.
- Barcelona have taken the first steps towards signing soon-to-be free agent Marcelo Brozovic from Inter at the end of the season, according to Calciomercato.
- Transfer expert Ekrem Konur claims that Manchester City are confident of agreeing fresh terms with Ilkay Gündogan amid interest from England, Spain and Germany.
- Juve have recently been tipped to move for Nicolo Zaniolo, and Calciomercato suggests that Roma will allow the midfielder to leave should his €40million valuation be met.
- Marco Asensio is open to extending his contract with Real Madrid beyond the end of next season, despite not being first choice. That is according to Goal.
- Douglas Costa has agreed to join Los Angeles Galaxy from Juventus on an initial 18-month contract, claims Fabrizio Romano, with a deal set to be confirmed early next week.