Los 40 USA
Sign in to commentAPP
spainSPAINchileCHILEcolombiaCOLOMBIAusaUSAmexicoMEXICOlatin usaLATIN USAamericaAMERICA


Vin Diesel thinks AI will be ‘new norm’ in Hollywood

The ‘Fast & Furious’ actor says AI in Hollywood is inevitable and it’s a good thing the writers got the debate going.

The ‘Fast & Furious’ actor says AI in Hollywood is inevitable and it’s a good thing the writers got the debate going.

Vin Diesel has said that integrating Artificial Technology into the filmmaking industry will inevitably become the “new norm”, and that the WGA strike is a great opportunity to table the discussion.

The Writers Guild of America is striking for both a better pay structure that accommodates streaming and against the use of AI in the industry. The Hollywood writers’ union has been on strike since May 1, after a nearly unanimous vote.

The walkout has sparked an animated debate about whether or not production houses should turn to AI to write up to 80% of the script-writing process, leaving only 20% to human efforts.

Vin Diesel sees AI in Hollywood

The 55-year-old asserts that Hollywood should start getting comfortable with the notion of using AI, because it will inevitably be the “new norm”, as per Sky News.

While speaking out at Charlize Theron’s fundraiser at Universal Studios Hollywood for the Africa Outreach Project, Diesel said the strike was a good thing in that it started this important debate.

“I think we’re entering a very interesting age where we’re going to have to consider things like AI,” the actor said, “and sooner or later we’re going to have to ask those questions.”

“And I think putting the writers’ debate on the table is a step forward for all of us in every occupation to start anticipating or figuring out how we’re all going to adopt this new norm and this new technology,” he added.

The next ‘Fast’ delayed

Meanwhile, Peter Cramer, President of Universal Pictures, revealed that Diesel’s ‘Fast’ franchise will be delayed in releasing the 11th installment due to the strike.

“The writers’ strike is something that’s on everybody’s mind,” Cramer said. “It depends on how long it goes, but obviously, it will interrupt the writing process on the next ‘Fast’ movie. If it lasts for too long, it’ll be hard to imagine that we can get this film up on the timeline we’d like to.”