COPA DEL REY
Javi Fuego: "Playing the second leg in Mestalla is important"
The Valencia captain noted that Barcelona are "the most in-form team at the moment" after Friday's draw but said his side are full of confidence.
Javi Fuego analyzed Friday’s Copa del Rey draw, which pitted Valencia against Barcelona in the semi-finals. “Playing the second leg in Mestalla is important for us. Barcelona are the most in-form club at the moment but we are sure we can go into the tie with confidence."
Valencia director Juan Cruz Sol also spoke at the Spanish Football Federation’s headquarters after the draw: “They are the form team in Spain but we will give them a fight and we’re excited about the draw. The team is taking on a different style of play and above all is playing with huge enthusiasm, and that is allied with the hopes of the fans. I think it will be a very difficult tie. The cup is a competition that the club enjoys and the tie is a great opportunity because it has lent us a bit of a change of rhythm in recent times and it will be a huge moment for the club if we can knock Barcelona out.”
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: is a new payment coming? Opt-out, eligibility, tax refund...
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 schedule today, July 31: events, sports, times, and how to watch
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo 2021: Simone Biles pulls out of vault and bars finals
- OLYMPIC GAMES Connor Fields suffered brain bleed in BMX crash, out of ICU
- OLYMPIC GAMES South Korea U23 vs Mexico U23 live online: scores, stats and updates | Olympic men's soccer