Djok: Nadal still the King of clay
Djokovic who recently added a sixth Australian Open to his Grand Slam wins is yet to triumph at Roland Garros.
With his sixth Australian Open title under his belt, bringing his Grand Slam total to 11, Novak Djokovic’s ever hungry gaze now turns to clay, and the next Slam on the horizon, the only one he’s never won: Roland Garros.
“I’ve started the season in the best possible way, and I hope to be in good form when I get to France”, he told Australian press. Asked if he was favourite for Paris, the world number 1 was blunt: “Not at all”.
For Nole, the man to beat in France is still Rafa Nadal. “Everyone knows he’s the King of Clay. He’s made history with the nine titles he’s won in Paris”. For Djokovic what the Spaniard has done in his career means he deserves the utmost respect, despite the fact the former world number 1 is going through a bad spell right now. Rafa Nadal lost in the first round in Australia, where he was 5th seed.
But there’s a long way to go before the Men’s Tennis Tour arrives in Paris at the end of May and Djokovic is keen to see how things progress: “It’ll be interesting to see how the clay court season develops, but before that there are some pretty important hard court tournaments”.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: can I get it if I also received the third stimulus check?
- US NEWS Lyrids meteor shower 2021: dates, times and how to see in the US
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Is it possible to use the money from the stimulus check to pay the rent or the mortgage?
- CORONAVIRUS US Coronavirus US: is a third dose of the Pfizer vaccine necessary?
- US NEWS How to get Covid-19 a vaccine appointment in Florida?