COPA DEL REY | BARÇA 7 - 0 VALENCIA
Neville scotches resignation talk despite "painful" defeat
But in the wake of Valencia's 7-0 Copa del Rey thrashing at Barça, the Los Che boss admitted: "I won't sleep well tonight; the fans didn't deserve that".
Valencia coach Gary Neville insisted he's not contemplating resignation after watching his side suffer a humiliating 7-0 defeat in Wednesday's Copa del Rey semi-final first leg with Barcelona.
The Copa had been Neville's one refuge during a winless run of eight La Liga games since taking charge at Mestalla in December, but Los Che were blown away by a Barça team back to their best and on the verge of a fifth final in six seasons.
However, Neville was adamant he wasn't prepared to step down just two months after taking charge, simply replying "no" when asked if he was considering resigning.
"I won't sleep well tonight," said the former Manchester United captain. "I didn't like what I saw. The fans didn't deserve that and we have to recover incredibly quickly."
And he added: "It's going to be a painful three or four days. This was one of my most painful days in football."
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Joshua: "No real strategy except for winning" against Usyk
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Osyk: date, tickets, venue
- WORLD NEWS How does Evergrande conglomerate put China's housing system in danger of collapse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp salutes Liverpool ace Minamino and reveals Firmino fitness update
- GOLF Five reasons why we all love the Ryder Cup
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement