Barcelona "demand respect" over "basic rights" from journalists
The club have issued a statement in relation to the violent incident involving the father of Neymar, demanding respect from journalists.
Barcelona have issued a statement saying they have analysed the incident involving a “small group” of journalists and the father of Neymar and on the basis of this the club “demand respect” for the right of people related to Barcelona to refuse to make statements or answer questions.
The player’s father reacted angrily to repeated questioning from journalists in the early hours of this morning.
According to Barcelona the rights of journalists can’t take precedence over a duty to respect the freedom of individuals and basic good manners. The short statement finishes by saying the club will take measures to protect these basic rights.
The statement is only available in Spanish and Catalan at the time this article was published.
Te recomendamos en English
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- MLB Braves vs. Astros commentary, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- NFL Report: Cardinals DE J.J. Watt could miss rest of season
- NFL Who plays Thursday night football?
- NBA Lakers outclassed in Oklahoma in a night of NBA surprises