Draw in Dublin frustrates Wales
Ireland captain Rory Best was more satisfied than his Wales counterpart Sam Warburton after the sides played out a 16-16 draw in Dublin on Sunday.
Ireland captain Rory Best was more satisfied than his Wales counterpart Sam Warburton after the sides played out a 16-16 draw in Dublin on Sunday. Wales remain favourites to win the 2016 Six Nations as they still have three home games to come, while injury-depleted reigning champions Ireland face an uphill task to hold onto their crown now.
And Best was the happier of the two captains after a brutal encounter at Lansdowne Road. “A draw is a hard result to put into words. We're happy we didn't lose the game,” he told ITV. “After going behind for the first time with six minutes or so remaining, we showed great character to come back and get the draw”.
Warburton couldn't hide his frustration after his side failed to hold onto their lead when going in front for the first time in the match eight minutes from time.
“I was disappointed with the first 20 minutes, we talked before the game about having to start well because Ireland always come flying out of the blocks. A draw is not a good result for anyone. It takes away the possibility of a Grand Slam or Triple Crown, and it means we have got to take another big scalp down the line to win the Championship,” he explained, after his side found themselves trailing 13-0 before the half hour mark. before the drama was topped off with Johnny Sexton's nerveless 40-metre penalty on 74 minutes to give Joe Schmidt's men a deserved draw.
Next up for Wales are Scotland who travel to Cardiff on Saturday. Ireland meanwhile are guests of France in Paris on the same day.
Te recomendamos en English
- Conte banned for two games after referee rant in Udinese stalemate
- US NEWS $3,000/$3,600 child tax credit: who would be eligible?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Golden State stimulus: can I apply for California check yet?
- CORONAVIRUS Does Moderna's Covid-19 vaccine work against South Africa strain?
- US NEWS When was the first stimulus check sent out and how much was it?
- US POLITICS What did Biden and Putin discuss in first presidential call?